Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1-2 teaspoons ice water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a food processor, pulse the pie crust ingredients until a dough forms. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 30-45 minutes.
- Over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove the pudding from the stovetop. Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap and bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Roll out the chilled pie dough about 1/4-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a pie pan and weigh the crust down with pie weights (or uncooked rice or beans). Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Let the pie crust cool completely.
- Stir the mashed bananas into the cooled pudding. Pour the pudding into the cooled pie crust and smooth with a spatula. Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap and chill until the center is set, about 3 hours.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract to stiff peaks. Cover the top of the chilled pie with whipped cream and sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Chill the pie for about 1 hour before serving.
Dairy Free: Use vegan butter, plain dairy free yogurt, and dairy free milk.